1. You must post the rules.
1.5 You don't talk about fight club.
2. Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Okay, I added 1.5. Also, I will probably ignore everything after that except for the answering part. I know it makes me sound like a sour puss, but I'm just generally too lazy to tag people. I adopt more of the "if you'd like to do it, consider yourself tagged" approach. This isn't to say I dislike being tagged. Nay, I find these meme-tastic prompts quite refreshing on occasion. Still, there do tend to be a preponderance of them; I feel like I should add a Bob Barker-ish: Remember to always spay and neuter your memes. Fortunately, I've not done one like this in a while, so it was good timing.
Anyway, here we go:
- More like mom or dad? Is this good or bad? (Be Honest!!)
- According to my mother... all of my good qualities came from her. All of my stubbornness is firmly blamed on my father.
- You have unlimited funds and architects are designing a new home for you. You have total say in one room of the house. It will be exactly as you dream it. Describe your dream room.
- Easy... old-timey library. Walls of leather-bound books. Comfy leather recliner. A side table with a snifter of whiskey sweating onto a stone coaster. Perhaps a pipe.
- City or country? What’s the draw?
- Suburbia? I like being near the city, but not "in" it.
- What is your favorite time of year?
- Summer. The transition seasons wreak havoc on my allergies and winter is just plain cold.
- You have won a two week vacation for two to any place in the world. Everything is paid, travel expenses, hotel and you have an open ended line of credit that will be paid by your benefactor. Where do you go, see, do?
- Europe, to see ALL THE THINGS. I've never hopped the pond, and that saddens me. We're eyeing a European river cruise for when said benefactor shows up.
- Your hero is coming to dinner. What’s on the menu?
- Ice cream. Everything's better with ice cream.
- What works best to shake off your blues? A good book? A favorite movie? Visiting with friends? Comfort food? Shopping therapy?
- Book, of course. I'm an escapist.
- What is your favorite board game?
- Risk. I have a world-domination complex. (In the writing arena, we call it a "world building" complex. Much better, no?)
- The best lesson you learned from your grandparents?
- If you're going through hell, the best thing to do is keep going.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- In writing - homophones. Especially when I screw them up. In life - wasting time. I have an overdeveloped sense of the brevity of existence.
- What are the best qualities in your best friend?
- She said "of course" when I asked from a knee. So, you know, acquiescence under extreme duress.
Okay, I lied. I'm going to tag two people. I frequently lurk around their sites and they've passed me blog awards before. (Which means you've inadvertently gotten a lifetime subscription to random stuff I want to link you on. Congrats.) Plus, I've not seen them linked yet, though maybe I'm just a poor reader. They can use the same questions, or substitute their own (yes, I'm being lazy).
Nadja and Elizabeth, if you read this, then you're tagged. Otherwise, you may be excused. Go to your room and finish your homework. No dessert.
No desert, either. Her Sandy Baron just doesn't have the same ring. Does it?