Am I being productive, though? Let's look at the goals:
- Lesson Learned - Beginnings are hard. Second books in a series are no different (maybe more so).
- WIP - Back in writing mode, my goal is 5 pages per week. I hit 7 this week. 5 is a pretty conservative goal, but I'm going to leave it that way until next round. Summer can be unpredictable.
- Blogging - Hit 3/3 on both blogs. As June just started, I'm on the hook for a personal post, but have plenty of time.
- Reading - Posted the second batch of group read questions yesterday. That's been a blast so far. If you want to see a horribly nerdy comment from me, check out the comments after Naithin's (one of the hosts) post. I was doing some fantasy napkin math. I wanted to know the population needed to support Sanderson's gods.
Pretty good week. The word count should be up, too, since I'm back in writing mode. There are still a few things to do on Fates' Motif, but nothing critical. My wife got the print edition to go live last night. We fixed everything we found in the proof and got a digital proof this time (instead of a hardcopy). Everything looked good, so we put it up. Still, we ordered an author copy right away and I won't feel satisfied until I hold it and flip through it. We'll probably send out a newsletter then in case anyone was waiting for print.
For any curious readers, a reminder: I do have several deals with print books. They're all up there on the Special Offers page. I am more than happy to do signed books, and I offer the e-book (in any format) free with a print purchase. I wish my favorite authors did this (hint hint, Brandon Sanderson... not that he reads here or has that kind of control). I love having his books on my shelf, but also love the convenience of my e-reader. Anything that'd let me have my cake and eat it...
Anyway, hope everyone else is having a good week. Here's what my word count looks like:
- Since last check in: 6,163
- New Fiction: 2,695
- Round 2 Total: 28,137