- Lesson Learned - The best way to counter negative media is with overwhelmingly positive personal witness. Individual experience trumps mass market swill any day of the week. At least in my mind. The lesson for authors here is really a reinforcement of the "write what you know" mantra. Being a real, relate-able human being is often your best marketing tool.
- WIP Progress - DONE! Editing has been completed. We're hoping to tie up the formatting, etc, this week and have Fates' Motif for sale by Saturday. Happy day!
- Blogging - Now that I'm out of editing mode, my writing muse has woken back up. I only hit 2/3 on the gaming blog, but I was 4/3 here. I think I'll work on that personal post over the weekend as well.
- Not A Goal - Since my editing is complete, I can read again! I'll celebrate with Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. Why that book? Because I've decided to take part in a Group Read. It just happens the timing lines up for me (plus I love Sanderson), and I've never really done the group read thing. Seemed like a fun idea. So you'll get to see my thoughts on the book here on Tuesdays.
Day Job isn't getting less busy. Spring evenings are great for doing anything except staying inside the house and trying to write. But I'm still truckin'. Still consuming and creating words and worlds. And, as proof, here's the word count:
- Since last check in: 2,696
- New Fiction: 0 - In Between Projects
- Round 2 Total: 16,644